Best of Venice + Grand Canal Water Taxi
See all the top sights of Venice with this exclusive, semi-private tour, limited to only 10 people or less per group. The tour includes an one hour water taxi ride on the Grand Canal, St. Mark's Basilica, Marco Polos house, Campo SS Giovanni Paolo and the famous Bridge of Sighs.
- One hour a luxury water taxi, exploring the Grand Canal from Venice’s most beautiful vantage point - the water!
- Skip the line and see the mosaics of the Basilica of St. Mark from up close
- A tour of the Basilica plus your ticket to the famous terraces.
- Guaranteed small group of max. 10 people
Experience the Best of Venice - from water, land and air
The tour starts on the Grand Canal, the city’s main waterway which runs past no less than 50 palaces, six churches, four bridges and two open-air markets. During the tour you'll get to see some of these wonderful sights. Your guide will point out and explain as you pass.
Back on land we’ll head straight for the main attraction. St. Mark’s Basilica took 800 years to build with relics and monuments inside bought (or stolen) from all over Europe and Asia. The queues here can be long but fortunately we have skip the line access, so we can wlak straight in and start our tour.
Next, we’ll set out on a walking tour past some of the best-known sights of Venice, along with some unlikely favorites. We'll visit Marco Polo’s house to hear about the Venetian son who went to sea one day and came back with stories of China; Campo SS Giovanni Paolo with its mix of architecture from so many ages; and the famous Bridge of Sighs.
The tour ends at the famous Rialto Bridge, an incredible marble structure that cost Venice a small fortune to build but was certainly worth every penny.
The tour is operated in English.
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket will be send directly to your email, just print it out and bring it on your tour.
Where does the tour begin?
The starts next to Ponte della Paglia, the bridge with the view of the Ponte dei Sospiri (Bridge of Sighs), in front of the Doge's Palace, facing the lagoon. Please be there 15 minutes before departure.
How long does the tour last?
The tour lasts 3 hours.
This there a dress code?
Yes, entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. City wonders and Ticmate cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
Are there children's tickets?
Yes, children's tickets are available for children between age 6-15. Children from age 0-5 are free, when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Please do not bring large bags, tripods or backpacks on this tour. They are not permitted in St. Mark’s Basilica and must be checked into the luggage storage area off-site. You may miss a portion of the tour for this procedure.
- The tour ends at the Rialto Bridge.
- The tour involves a fair amount of walking, and there are a number of steep steps on the terraces of St. Mark’s Basilica. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Photography is permitted throughout most of the tour; however, photography is prohibited in St. Mark’s Basilica.
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather.